Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

Announcement and a Design Change

Hey All,


The announcement and the design change sort of go together...so, first, it's official! I got a job at the school I was talking about earlier! :)

The only thing is that it's not the grade 3 job I applied for...I'm teaching kindergarten!

I was pretty nervous at first, I trained as a Middle Years teacher, and over the past few years have taught everything from 3-7. It was a little overwhelming at first, thinking about what a day would look like with my kinders, but over the past couple days it's become more exciting.

Now I'm mostly nervous about the first day. But I'm sure it'll be great.

So that's the reason for the design change. Thanks to Dreamlike Magic for the template!

Pretty soon I will be a "Middle Years Girl in an Early Years World"!



Thanks for reading!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I trained for kinder and ended up at middle school. It is not that much different...they love being read to, they love stickers, they forget their HW...just like middle schoolers:). The page design looks great too! Now I will have to work on my design over summer break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure once I wrap my head around it it'll be great! I have a bunch of fabulous kinder/former kinder people at my school so I'll have a lot of support, too.

      Dawn :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the job!I am about to start my 10th year of kindergarten, and I think it is the best job in the school -- once you survive the first few weeks. Everything is new to them and learning to read and write stories is so exciting!I hope you love it. I wrote about the first day last year and took part in a "First Day of Kindergarten" linky. Maybe this will be helpful. http://annspencer-annspencer.blogspot.com/search/label/First%20Day%20of%20Kindergarten
    Ann (Your new pen pal and follower)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on this new adventure! Don't worry about being nervous, I majored in High School Social Studies and am now teaching Grade 7 & 8 science, Grade 8 art, and Grade 8, 9, 10 math! I'm sure you will do amazing and can't wait to follow your posts about the new year.

    To celebrate, I'd like to award you with the Proud Canadian Blog Award, started by Patti at Madly Learning. You can read my linked blog post to learn more :)

    Congrats!

    Miss L
    Miss L’s Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete